![]() |
| From october |
But today, I got to the studio early, and I hadn't eaten my usual bowl of Kashi Heart to Heart with almond milk. So I was hungry. I had food from the weekend, so I impulsively made myself some eggs.
Oh, dear. I wonder what this means.
Oh well.
My new apprentice arrived.......who will remain nameless unless she chooses otherwise.....and we worked all day on a big rug.
Uh, excuse me, but you're not helping.
![]() |
| From october |
What? Are you talking to ME?
![]() |
| From october |
I am very sorry, but you have to move.
![]() |
| From october |
Finally, finished. 6'x9' with hemmed edges. It is a match for the 4' x 6' I posted recently.
![]() |
| From october |
Here is the Toika, ready for the next big rug.
![]() |
| From october |
It weaves a 7' width, and has a sectional beam that I put on it.
And I'm thinking of selling it. Yes, I am.
I am giving serious thought to some revamping, getting myself to that sweet spot, where serenity reigns.
In this same vein, I HAVE decided to sell a loom. Just a little downsizing is in order. Seriously.
![]() |
| From october |
It is a Reed Weaver's Friend, 2 harness, 45" wide weaving width. It doesn't have any treadles. Two beats of the beater bar changes the shed. It is a heavy and sturdy loom for making rugs.
Part of my reasoning is that I just can't do justice to 13 looms. I have tried, honest. But I think I need to create some simple, restful space. So something needs to go.
![]() |
| From october |
Does everyone feel the recurrent need to reinvent themselves? Is it cyclic? hormonal? is it me?
Why is it so hard to stay on track? You figure out where you want to be, you plant yourself there, and then down the road you realize that you wandered off the path. It isn't quite how you thought it would be. For me, it is working myself into a corner. I am good at it.
Oh, yeah.
One day at a time, right?









0 Yorumlar