Hello my dears...
Welcome to the Blessed Hearth this day..
How do you like the beautiful geese in the pic above?
Aren't they something?
Terry and I went for a drive up to check on our old farm and passed the dear things on the way..
Of course, the poor man had to turn around so that I could take a pic for you all..
They were quite a way from the road so I could not get a great one but you get the drift, eh?
Obviously, we are still in the Winter mode here in Eastern Canada..
I was listening to VOAR CBC channel and heard that Newfoundland is expecting a blizzard..
Oh well, that is what we all know and accept here..
I am truly Canadian and love the place..
We are so truly blessed..
I guess everyone feels that way about HOME..
smile..
Thank you to all of your dear girls and your sweet comments LAST POSTING..
I said that I would give you the recipe for the Apple Pie Cake..
2 cup flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 cup of sugar
1 tsp. salt
11 T. soft butter
2 beaten eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
1 c. whole milk
2 large apples peeled and sliced
1/2 cup of sugar and 1 tsp. cinnamon * I used nutmeg...
Whisk flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.. Crumble in the butter and stir well.. Add the eggs and vanilla to the milk in a large measuring
cup and whisk together and stir in dry ingredients..
In a large greased pie plate (10 inch) place about a 1/3 of the mixture and half of the apples ...
* I then grated a part of a nutmeg over the apples but the recipe did not call for it..
Sprinkle half of the cinnamon mixture over the apples and then another 1/3 of dough.
Then apples, cinnamon sugar and last 1/3of the dough...
Then I sprinkled some white sugar over that...
Bake in 375 degree oven for 35 minutes or until done...
I think the girls really like this recipe..
One emailed me before I posted this wanting the recipe so I was glad that it went over well..
I try to have at least 2 new recipes for them each meeting..
She said she made the bread, too...
Bless her..smile..
I have sent out the homework to you girls who wanted it.. If anyone else wants the info please let me know..
Or if you didn't get it yet..
Here is our old farm brook that runs around our property.. Wide open but still lots of snow..
It will soon be Spring..smile..
Fishing season, fiddleheads and rhubarb..
Chives, lovage and sorrel...
May flowers, violets and pussy willows ..
Clothes hanging on the line again..
Spending days together at the old farm..
Oh, and dandelion and apple blossom jelly..
Just a few of my favorite things..
Smile..
I hope to order some neat herbs next week..
Patchouli and soap wort and others..
Well, have a great evening ...
Welcome to all of the new followers..
So happy to have you aboard..
Looking forward to hearing from you all..
Love and Prayers..

0 Yorumlar