Sometimes, when I haven't been doing much needlework I sort of lose my get up and go.
I question myself if what I am doing is worth bothering with.
And then I go on pinterest or see another blog with something beautiful that someone has made and I give myself a talking to.
I explain to myself that the real reason I do it is because I love to sew and it really doesn't matter if what I do appeals to others or not its good therapy in this messy world and gives me a sense of achievement, and then I get back on track.
Does this make any sense?
Anyway, here's the poppy picture ready to mount into the next page of my fabric journal.
I'm now mulling over the background for the page. Several ideas have popped up but even I don't know yet what it will be.
Might be plain fabric but I might do a patchwork background like the wren.
I made the poppies with small pieces of organza and satin and fray checked them around the edges.
The cornflowers were my own concoction of stitches that I cut to make them fluffy, can't even remember how I made them now, lol
Finally, thankyou so much for all of the comments on the Wedding Anniversary, lets hope there will be another next January.

0 Yorumlar