Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

A Weak Week of Meals

Last week is read this post from the blog Sam, Coffee, Money, &Thyme. She was talking about exploring a different ethnic grocery store and her finds there which inspired me to do the same. At least every other week I plan on going to some of the wonderful markets around here and planning a meal each week using the items I find there. Since Cinco de Mayo is this week it just makes sense that I would start with a local Latin market. There is one fairly close to my house which is gigantic. I tend to go  shop there about 2 times a year, so I am due for a visit anyway. 


What was planned:
1. TheHub will be out of town so popcorn maybe?
2. TheHub will still be out of town so cereal perhaps?
3. Crab cakes with remoulade sauce, coleslaw, green beans, keto dinner rolls
4. Grilled tuna steaks,  broccoli, tossed salad, toast or rolls
5. Big salad meal (No clue yet what type)
6. Grilled burger with all the fixings, caulitato salad or some kind of chopped salad
7. Take-out

What was eaten:
Monday: While visiting with my cousins Monday, the one staying with our uncle brought containers of pulled pork that was leftover from their previous nights dinner. I was going to be the only one here for dinner and had already decided I was not going to cook. Luckily for me I did not have to eat just popcorn
Pulled pork sandwich 

Tuesday:  TheHub's flight was not getting in until later at night and there was no way I was going to cook. 
Cheese and crackers

Wednesday: It was a pretty day, in fact, a perfect day for firing up the grill.
Grilled tuna, roasted broccoli, cucumber slices and pickled radishes

Thursday: TheHub had specifically asked for a ball game meal. I assumed incorrectly that Alabama's women were playing a softball game he wanted to watch. For us a ball game meal is anything that can be scarfed down quickly since we do not eat our meals anywhere other than either the kitchen or dining room table. Stupid me! Instead we ate our hamburgers really fast so we could watch the NFL draft.
Hamburger with fixings (sans bun or not) cauliflower salad or chips

Friday: Earlier this week, my beloved sister and I were at Mom's doing a little sprucing up around her backyard patio. We had moved her gigantic rolling garbage bin to the backyard to make cleanup a little easier, so we could just toss debris in it then take it to her curb for the yard trash pickup. I found an old galvanized garbage can they used to collect yard waste filled with what I thought was pine straw, so I upended it into the bin. Only the first half was pine straw. The bottom half was some unidentified dark powdery residue that exploded into a cloud of gray. I have no idea what I accidently inhaled while emptying the can, but I have been coughing ever since. By Friday, I was feeling like a tank ran over me and nixed our plans for dining al fresco as our weekly date night.
Take out from La Fiesta...Chili poblano

Saturday: We had intended to have crab cakes Saturday night. I have been craving them for over a month but had just not made it happed, so late Saturday afternoon we headed to our local fish market to grab a pound of lump crabmeat__just at the time for a moratorium on crabbing so they can lay their eggs. I understand completely, but my mouth was disappointed. Crab cakes will have to wait for another few weeks. 
Neither of us had eaten and had planned to grab something on the way home from the store, but we had bought a pound of shrimp and had it steamed so we came home and ate shrimp and a tossed salad for a late lunch. When it was time for dinner neither of us was really hungry which changed dinner plans completely.
Keto toast or peanut butter filled pretzels

Sunday: A few weeks ago, I was buying groceries at The Pig and was looking through the spice section for dried chives when I spotted Captn' Anderson's seafood seasoning. It is one of our favorite restaurants when we go to the beach and the food there is always delicious, so I bought it. 
Because of our late lunch and no dinner Saturday night it made sense to cook what we had bought for that meal. The bonus was being able to use the seasoning I bought beforehand. 
Broiled tile fish, tossed salad



I have no affiliation with anything or anyone , so any product I recommend is simply something I have used and really enjoyed. If you don't have a store that stocks this bottle of deliciousness you can find it here.

And now for this weeks possible but not probably meals:
1.Takeout (that is a given)
2. Grilled steak, tossed salad
3. Gussied up grilled cheese, coleslaw
4. Chicken Tinga with guacamole, shredded lettuce
5. Smoked pork, coleslaw, caulitato salad
6. Some big salad meal or veggie meal (depends on what is available at the produce stand)
7. Shrimp scampi, tossed salad


Now go enjoy your week staying on plan, going off plan or with no plan at all.

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar