Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Mizgin's "If I Said I'm In Love (Suicide)" - Song Review


   Sweden gets all the good stuff!

   Following the success of Icona Pop, Avicii and Tove Lo, it appears the European country has become the go-to place for innovative and refreshing pop music, especially pop music from talented female artists. Hell, even Hilary Duff and Adam Lambert recruited Sweden natives for their latest singles, and they're pretty awesome.

   The next rising Swedish pop star, Mizgin, is gearing up to start promotion for her official second single, the dance-pop leaning "If I Said I'm In Love (Suicide)", where the young songstress stresses to her listeners that love is meaningless if the person who has your heart isn't good enough for you in the end. It's a bittersweet, confusing realization, but one Mizgin says is important to understand.

   Over a pulsating, dancefloor-tailored beat, the new single kicks off like a traditional dance effort, but develops into much more once the artist's full delivery is heard. Mizgin gives a R&B-flavored performance on the verses while tackling the radio-friendly chorus with full vocal force. "The one thing that I know I can't have, is something that I want so bad, I'm all out of excuses, time for me to take control," she sings.

   "If I Said I'm In Love (Suicide)" is the best of both worlds when it comes to pop music. By focusing equal attention on production and songwriting, Mizgin is able to put forth an intriguing track that's exciting and catchy yet one that still conveys a certain somber emotion that many listeners should be able to resonate with. It's the best kind of pop... pop with a deeper meaning.

   Mizgin is still a relatively new artist. Her debut single, "Get You Off", is another slice of seductive pop with a eye-popping music video to go along, however, the new "If I Said I'm In Love (Suicide)" is definitely stronger and a better representation of what she could do with more exposure and recognition.

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar