Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

TOP PICK: Phillip Phillips Covers 'Billboard' Mag


Phillip Phillips takes the latest cover of Billboard magazine with Interscope Geffen A&M chairman Jimmy Iovine.

The 22-year-old current American Idol champ chats with the mag about his success after the show, jamming out and more. Check it:

On “Home”: “After I had been playing it for quite some time I sat down and played it by myself, learning the ins and outs of the song and looked for a way to make it more of my own. I don’t like playing songs straightforward-I like switching them up.”

On his advice for aspiring musicians: “I always tell people that you have to play shows, you have to do what you can to get out there, and it can’t be about the money. Jam out with a band for three or four hours. Do a live gig for food. You have to get out and do it.”

On the outcome of his debut album: “I knew what I wanted to do before I tried out for Idol. I had written a lot of the songs before the show. A few co-writes came up and [19 and Interscope executives] knew what they wanted and I think it met the expectations. They understood what kind of album I wanted to make.”

Source

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar